Chromaticlord
#1 Posted : 04 July 2008 07:59:00(UTC)
Chromaticlord

Groups: licklibrary\Elite Member

Yes i bought andy james dvd classical shredding and its brilliant although there is yngwie malmsteen dvd, and yngwie quick licks, and hope to buy danny gill caprice no 24 soon.[br]
[br]
i would love to see a dvd that covered different classical composers but in a rock metal style!!!!!!!! [br]
[br]
dave i like your choice for ride of the vaykylries that is a brilliant song.[br]
[br]
And now we have a lesson on flight of the bumble bee you could have let me think mmmmmm [br]
[br]
vivaldi wrote some great stuff and its not really rock classical but theres john williams cavatina, romanza also called romance.[br]
[br]
im sure theres other guy and girls out there who can think of some songs or pieces of music even crossroads would be great played by steve vai im not sure the name of the song is it crossroads anyone? i know the film was from crossroads its the classical shred at the end of the movie [br]
[br]
and the great thing about these songs is there so many lessons to be learnt from alternative picking sweeps and different appregios and even tapping
#2 Posted : 06 July 2008 07:35:00(UTC)

yep, do it, and do it now!![br]
[br]
i already did a post like this about 6 months ago, and i still haven't changed my mind. i want more classical music. i have both of the shredding classical dvds with danny and andy. ive learnt so much from them, technique wise. they deffinately have every aspect of guitar playing imaginable. sweeps, legatos, arppegios, hybrid picking, harmonics, etc etc, the list goes on. i don't think there would be a guitarist from any genre, that couldn't benifit from learning a few classical pieces. i'm surprised that none of the supposed vai and malmsteen fans have piped up and said something. c'mon, are you really fans, or do you just like a couple of songs. coz they have both done classical tracks on their albums. some of you shred heads out there would probably cr@p yourselves at the intensity of some of the pieces. yes, shred was around a couple of centuries ago, even before electricity and the tremelo system were invented. asmuch as i like listening to my acdc and maiden, this stuff still blows my mind. in my opinion, it is ultimate guitar to the max. it seriously is music made for guitar, and you don't really get that anymore these days, especially with the plethora of screamo (emo) bands out there. this stuff will get you tapping, sweeping and harmonising faster than anything else currently on the market. even if you're not into shred, it will still improve your playing remarkably, and maybe even give you an idea or two aswell.[br]
[br]
that's a good suggestion chromatic, about the bit from the crossrads movie. i haven't seen it for like 20 years or something, but i'm pretty sure vai did all the guitar for it. i don't think the song is called crossroads though, coz i think we all know how that goes, and clapton did a version of it. but, yeah, the bit at the end of the movie with the big ";shred off";, is definately good. even that movie is a good example of the benefits of learning classical. o.k, sure, it's a movie and all, but basically it's about a blues player, that started off learning classical guitar, and it saved him in the end. even eric clapton says ";if you want to create something new, learn something old";. for me, classical music is what you could technically call ";complete";. it does have it all. anything and everything from whatever style of music you prefer to play now, and even some stuff you probably wouldn't learn if you just stuck to one style of music. i'd be happy to learn anything from bach, vivaldi, beethoven, brahms etc. anything from the major composers.
pauldodgers
#3 Posted : 06 July 2008 08:23:00(UTC)
pauldodgers

me too i love classical music especially when its in a rock sense ,its some of the most challenging pieces to play and improves your technique in leaps and bounds if you put in enough dedication and pratice [br]
[br]
ritchie blackmore was very classicaly influenced and i love his playing and i love that steve vai piece, i think its called eugene trick bag im not sure [br][br]
im sure steve vai fans can help out here if this dvd was made i would buy what do you think Lick Library any chances?[br][br]