2 Pages12>
Jamie M
#1 Posted : 13 September 2010 12:07:00(UTC)
Jamie M

Groups: licklibrary\Free Member

if you are 40 you might as well give it up now adrian lol
Chromaticlord
#2 Posted : 13 September 2010 13:18:00(UTC)
Chromaticlord

look at les paul he was 90 + there's hope still he didnt shred did he lol[br]
[br]
[br][br]
Jamie M
#3 Posted : 13 September 2010 14:08:00(UTC)
Jamie M

Chromaticlord wrote:

look at les paul he was 90 + there's hope still he didnt shred did he lol[br]
[br][br]
[br]
[br]
i cant see gibson making an adrian d'souza model though dave lol
Adrian D'Souza
#4 Posted : 13 September 2010 14:38:00(UTC)
Adrian D'Souza

Jamie M wrote:
Chromaticlord wrote:

look at les paul he was 90 + there's hope still he didnt shred did he lol[br][br]
[br]
[br]
i cant see gibson making an adrian d'souza model though dave lol
[br]
[br]
[br]
I might have to end up like the Edge and just play two notes and hope the delays and huge racks take care of the rest :-) At 40 I am worth considerably more than i was 20 years ago. So in effect perhaps the older guitarist has more $ to invest in equipment :-)[br]
[br]
[br]
[br]
Jamie M
#5 Posted : 13 September 2010 14:42:00(UTC)
Jamie M

wise words adrian i cannot argue with you. money certainly is a big issue when you are younger but when you get older the wife and kids normally spend what you have worked hard for !!!
adam11
#6 Posted : 13 September 2010 16:47:00(UTC)
adam11

you can teach an old dog new tricks. its possible in time youll be able to play at lightning speeds .its al down to practise and hard work. remember steve vais 50 . (fair enough hes been playing since he was 13 or so. but he certainly isnt getting slower. faster if anything. )
TedJackson
#7 Posted : 15 September 2010 21:44:00(UTC)
TedJackson

Time and determination are the key. If you really want to play fast then you'll do the work and get there or else you'll decide that being able to play a song in it's entirety is a better use of your time. Neither option is wrong just how you see your playing progressing. The important thing is to keep playing!

Let us know in a year or two which path you chose

Ted
Adrian D'Souza
#8 Posted : 15 September 2010 22:22:00(UTC)
Adrian D'Souza

AdamR wrote:
you can teach an old dog new tricks. its possible in time youll be able to play at lightning speeds .its al down to practise and hard work. remember steve vais 50 . (fair enough hes been playing since he was 13 or so. but he certainly isnt getting slower. faster if anything. )
[br]
[br]
[br]
Steve Vai is a genetic freak. His fingers themselves are the length of Salamaders in the sun.... but I digress..... there's a big difference between a ";average "; person playing for 20 years and a world champion born with every advantage doing the same... [br]
[br]
:-)[br]
Adrian D'Souza
#9 Posted : 15 September 2010 22:33:00(UTC)
Adrian D'Souza

Ted Jackson wrote:
Time and determination are the key. If you really want to play fast then you'll do the work and get there or else you'll decide that being able to play a song in it's entirety is a better use of your time. Neither option is wrong just how you see your playing progressing. The important thing is to keep playing![br]
[br]
[br]
Let us know in a year or two which path you chose[br]
[br]
[br]
Ted[br]
[br]
[br]
[br]
Yes I do believe I'll be ten times better in 2 years than I am now. Then again 10 x 0 = 0 so I may even be 100 times better :-) And I'm enjoying the journey which is the best part of it. I'm also loving my Godin and Cube 80x. Most versatile equipment I've come across for those not playing on stage or in bands.[br]
[br]
I eventually want to get better amps etc but that's years down the line. Who knows where my path shall lead.. until then...simply make the best of what you've got...[br]
[br]
Adrian[br]
[br]
[br]
Jamie M
#10 Posted : 16 September 2010 09:57:00(UTC)
Jamie M

true words my friend keep playing and keep loving it
Jack Daniels
#11 Posted : 17 September 2010 08:13:00(UTC)
Jack  Daniels

Ted Jackson wrote:
Time and determination are the key. If you really want to play fast then you'll do the work and get there or else you'll decide that being able to play a song in it's entirety is a better use of your time. Neither option is wrong just how you see your playing progressing. The important thing is to keep playing!

Let us know in a year or two which path you chose

Ted

Yes time and degeneration are the key. I finger sync much like Milli Vanilli did with their voices and a recorder. I've got blisters on me fingers!
Jamie M
#12 Posted : 17 September 2010 09:17:00(UTC)
Jamie M

[br]
[/QUOTE] Yes time and degeneration are the key. I finger sync much like Milli Vanilli did with their voices and a recorder. I've got blisters on me fingers! [/QUOTE] [br]
[br]
we dont want to know about how you got those blisters jack lol
Chromaticlord
#13 Posted : 17 September 2010 09:20:00(UTC)
Chromaticlord

Damn jack i thought they were really singing you broke my heart now.Blisters jack i bet you have big hands lol.To much hand workouts on guitar or maybeeeeee other activities
Jamie M
#14 Posted : 17 September 2010 09:46:00(UTC)
Jamie M

Chromaticlord wrote:
Damn jack i thought they were really singing you broke my heart now.Blisters jack i bet you have big hands lol.To much hand workouts on guitar or maybeeeeee other activities
[br]
[br]
the blisters are on the palms dave so i think we can safely say that the other activities have been mastered by jd lol
Jack Daniels
#15 Posted : 17 September 2010 20:21:00(UTC)
Jack  Daniels

Its from typing so much in response to you guys comments. The palms are from when upon reading some of you'se guys commentary, I just have to go take a "Queen mum" is it? Over here it's an "Obama", nevertheless it gives you blisters on your palms from all of that wiping.
TedJackson
#16 Posted : 18 September 2010 23:14:00(UTC)
TedJackson

Try some "Palm Oil" for those blisters :~)

Ted
Jack Daniels
#17 Posted : 19 September 2010 21:04:00(UTC)
Jack  Daniels

Or some "Dapper Dan" pomade! lol!!!!
DannyGill
#18 Posted : 25 September 2010 04:29:00(UTC)
DannyGill

Hi Adrian
Playing fast doesn't necessarily mean and playing good. Is a sprinter a better athlete than a marathon runner?
Strive to play good and everything should work out.
Cheers
Danny
Dan Wilson
#19 Posted : 30 September 2010 01:51:00(UTC)
Dan Wilson

Well put Danny... ;)
Jack Daniels
#20 Posted : 30 September 2010 04:54:00(UTC)
Jack  Daniels

Any instructor worth his weight (like Danny) will tell you this. Would you rather be accurate or fast and sloppy? If you're using a metronome (and you should), after you've mastered each BPM accurately and cleanly with no mistakes, then you move up a step in speed until you've mastered that cleanly and so forth and so on.