adam11
#1 Posted : 18 September 2010 22:08:00(UTC)
adam11

Groups: Registered

a footswitch is a footswitch . but latched an unlatched in reference to that fs6 footswitch means. that when u click the latching switch it will turn the next channel on and u have to press it again to go back to the clean channel. the fs6 has a momentary switch which means u keep your foot on the switch to choose you channel or effect then take your foot off and its gone. [br]
[br]
the answer : latched. but keep in mind you can use the volume control to a lot of the work for you. [br]
but the amp on the overdrive channel and back the volume on the guitar down to 1 or 2 and you should get a nice clean tone then all you do is role it forward to get more gain. thats more than likely what slash does live as i dont believe hes a fan of pedals.
TedJackson
#2 Posted : 18 September 2010 23:11:00(UTC)
TedJackson

It should tell you which setting to use in your amp's manual. Go check! :~)

I would think that if you're switching between 3 channels then unlatched would the correct option.

Let us know how it turned out.

Ted
Adrian D'Souza
#3 Posted : 19 September 2010 03:36:00(UTC)
Adrian D'Souza

To switch between 3 channels unlatched seems to make more sense and i'm not constantly clickling on/off all the time between both pedals . However, in slashes music I would try to get the slash sound out of my amp which means PROGRAMMING the third channel according to his settings for the solo portions. Then switching between clean and SOLO as opposed to clean and dirty. For this since its just one push of a switch latched would do just fine. I think unlatched is meant when clean to dirty goes back so many times it would drive you crazy to press pedals on and off all the time.[br]
[br]
Either case the FS-6 seems to be the ticket. I think I'll pick one up later this year at xmas.[br]
[br]
Thanks for the tips guys. [br]
[br]
Then again keep in mind I have a 5 way switch and volume and tone knobs that can quickly change the sound for soloing as per adam's suggestion. The godin can go from a bluesy passive sound to a humbucker noisy sound with the revoicer very quickly.[br]
[br]
I'm not sure if my guitar volume knob overrides the solo channel volume programming. If that is the case we have our solution. Program slashes settings into the solo channel and simple turn it on and vary the volume with my volume dial on my guitar. That was I can a sound as close to slash as possible and just vary the volume.[br]
[br]
Switching channels on a cube 80x does has its drawbacks as there is no master volume control.[br]
[br]
Adrian
TedJackson
#4 Posted : 19 September 2010 09:27:00(UTC)
TedJackson

I just had a quick look at the manual online and it appears there's a switch (on the amp) that lets you choose. As long as you set the same type on both amp and switch then you're good to go!

Ted