John S
#1 Posted : 10 January 2012 00:10:00(UTC)
John S

Groups: Registered

Solos are only as easy as how well you can play.Playing easy solos wont make you a better player.Looking at the music your into your quite like me. Why dont you choose a solo from those bands you like and break it right down into smaller parts. That way your not learning easy solos but rather progressing as a player as you learn the solos you know you really want to be able to play.[br]
[br]
John
Jamie M
#2 Posted : 17 January 2012 15:10:00(UTC)
Jamie M

solo from Freebird is pretty simple!!!
Chromaticlord
#3 Posted : 18 January 2012 23:44:00(UTC)
Chromaticlord

JamieM wrote:
solo from Freebird is pretty simple!!!
lol.Try Jimmy Hendrix Purple Haze.Whole Lotta Love Led Zep.GNR what bout Knocking on Heavens Door might be a start as for maiden probally there is no such thing as a easy solo from maiden.Bon Jovi Wanted Dead or Alive [br]
RichardBell3
#4 Posted : 21 January 2012 11:39:00(UTC)
RichardBell3

I don't believe there are any easy solo's as such. They all have there own degree of difficulty or technique to learn to do them justice, otherwise it's just a run of notes. I believe much more in how you play it, if you put everything into a solo it will sound good, i've heard solos with only 4 or 5 notes that sound so much better than a shredder just running up and down the neck!!!![br][br]
Jamie M
#5 Posted : 23 January 2012 08:53:00(UTC)
Jamie M

geordieinexile wrote:

I don't believe there are any easy solo's as such. They all have there own degree of difficulty or technique to learn to do them justice, otherwise it's just a run of notes. I believe much more in how you play it, if you put everything into a solo it will sound good, i've heard solos with only 4 or 5 notes that sound so much better than a shredder just running up and down the neck!!!![br][br]
[br]
[br]
The solo from She sells sanctuary is very easy even for a beginner, infact it doesnt get much more basic than that one
Adrian D'Souza
#6 Posted : 08 February 2012 15:14:00(UTC)
Adrian D'Souza

[Ed: I edited this message and it is recently updated == Adrian][br]
[br]
The solo's from Mike U2 DVD are easy.. they are short and beautiful. They complement the songs but are easy to practice on their own too for fun.[br]
[br]
Here are some examples:[br]
[br]
The solo from One[br]
The solo from Sunday Bloody Sunday[br]
The solo from Vertigo[br]
The solo from Pride[br]
[br]
The total time of each of the solos is probably about a minute. [br]
[br]
U2 is one of the easiest bands to learn solos from as they are just part of the songs and not songs made for soloing.[br]
[br]
That is the U2 songs on Mike's DVD (U2 in general has many complex songs that have a lot of soloing too)[br]
[br]
Get this DVD you won't regret it. It is a great introduction to hands on soloing.[br][br]
Ben Gray
#7 Posted : 23 February 2012 11:09:00(UTC)
Ben Gray

For simple solos look at the likes of Green Day, Nirvana, Foo Fighters etc. They don't come much easier.
D. Williams
#8 Posted : 23 February 2012 16:07:00(UTC)
D. Williams

Here is the thing as far as I am concerned Joseph W...it is whatever solo works for the song!!![br]
[br]
I remember reading an interview with Gary Moore back in the 80's where he blasted the solo for [br]
";Oh Sherry"; by Steve Perry as the worst solo he ever heard...now this is a simple 80's pop love song[br]
and the solo was performed by Waddy Wachtel who has appeared on hundreds if not thousands[br]
of 70/80's ";southern california"; songs....it is just a series of unison bends that a beginner guitarist[br]
could do (but didn't write)... it worked for the song...[br]
[br]
There is a later 90's interview with Moore that when he was reminded of his comments, he backtracked[br]
and admitted it worked FOR THE SONG!!! (he was now into his slow bend blues phase????)....[br]
[br]
Old musician's joke goes: ";How many guitarists does it take to change a light bulb?? Just one, but a[br]
ROOMFUL to stand in the back with their arms crossed saying they could have done it better?!?!?!?";[br]
[br]
ok Joseph W. my rant is over...now to help you...[br]
[br]
If you like the Doors, almost all of Krieger's stuff is reasonable to learn (his phrasing is quirky but it works)..if you[br]
like Queen, ";Crazy Little Thing"; is easy enough, fun to play, and LickLibrary has lessons for it....[br]
[br]
Anyway, a lot of Danny Gill's ";technique/theory"; DVDs are great for relearning phrases and Danny and [br]
Micheal Casswell do a great job in the song lessons of WHY something works in the song...[br]
[br]
Hope all this rambling helps buddy....[br][br]