Fretmagic6
#1 Posted : 20 March 2012 11:06:00(UTC)
Fretmagic6

Groups: licklibrary\Offline

Hi Flemming,[br]
[br]
Every guitarist you ask which guitar do I start with?...You will always get a different answer Acoustic or Electric??...Well in your case I would start with Electric and the Epiphone G-400 is good value for money. When you have learned the basics e.g. open chords...minor and major pentatonic scales etc.. say 6 months on think about a Acoustic or upgrading your first guitar, please remember that everyone learns at a different pace so you might need longer or a shorter time span. [br]
[br]
My advice to you would be go to your local guitar store and try a few guitars before making a decision, if you know a guitarist ask them to go with you because buying your first guitar is always difficult especially for a complete novice. Depending on your budget so many rock/metal guitars have flooded the market at entry level, so choose wisely.[br]
[br]
Fretmagic6.
FlemmingLarsen
#2 Posted : 20 March 2012 11:57:00(UTC)
FlemmingLarsen

Hey there Fretmagic6

Thanks for your reply. I'm surely going to choose wisely this time. The first time I bought a guitar it was a cheap acoustic that was so poor quality that it couldn't even play in tune. I found that out after having given up trying to learn the basics because I couldn't get the sound right. It turned out that it was the guitar, and not me, that completely off. It threw me off the track for a while, but I wanna start up again - and this time the budget is quite alot bigger.

I'm gonna drop by my local store and try out a few different ones in that pricerange before I make up my mind. Thanks again for your answer, it's nice to know that it's possible to start out on an electric when this is the path I want to move down.

Best Regards
/Flemming
Fretmagic6
#3 Posted : 21 March 2012 13:18:00(UTC)
Fretmagic6

Hi Flemming,[br]
[br]
Glad to be of help...Good luck with your choice of guitar. You should try and get the best guitar you can afford it's all about quality a guitar is a workhorse, so is used daily, therefore the better price you pay the longer it will last you.[br]
[br]
Fretmagic6.
FlemmingLarsen
#4 Posted : 26 March 2012 21:41:00(UTC)
FlemmingLarsen

Hey again. So, I've been at my local guitar store and asked for their expertise about starting up as well. They said that I should absolutely start out with the style I'm aiming for. I got him to play some different styles on some different guitars so I could hear the difference, and then I got to try a bit myself. The Epiphone G400 is clearly my favorite in every aspect from sound to weight to action. I ended up ordering one and even got a really sweet deal - 15% off the rest of I needed to get started, which made it the same price as if I ordered it online.
Thanks again for the help :)
Adrian D'Souza
#5 Posted : 31 March 2012 23:18:00(UTC)
Adrian D'Souza

Flemming Larsen wrote:
I mainly want to focus on rock/classic rock and metal. Please keep in mind that I'm an absolute beginner. Best regards /Flemming
[br]
[br]
If you mainly want to focus on this type of music I see no reason not to get an electric from the start.[br]
Jack Daniels
#6 Posted : 01 April 2012 08:26:00(UTC)
Jack  Daniels

Get an amplified pan flute like Gheorghe Zamfir, a muff fuzz pedal to add to your sound and you've got instant Hendrix.
ColinWard
#7 Posted : 01 May 2012 01:03:00(UTC)
ColinWard

epiphone guitars are pretty cool they play really nice and if u need to upgrade once u get into things a set of pickups will really make a difference [br]
i did own a gibson sg and i do regret getting rid of it but i thin a lot of top of the range guitars are over priced and i think there are some really some so called budget guitars that reall play well and sound good i say go for it