Blues Licks For Absolute Beginners
Guitars Lessons by Danny Gill
Blues Licks for Absolute Beginners
Licklibrary.com proudly presents "Blues Licks for Absolute Beginners," a comprehensive guide designed for aspiring guitarists eager to delve into the world of blues. This course, taught by Danny Gill, focuses on foundational techniques essential for playing blues guitar, ensuring a solid base for future mastery.
Techniques Covered in "Blues Licks for Absolute Beginners"
Essential Beginner Blues Guitar Techniques
This section introduces beginners to the core concepts of blues guitar, laying a strong foundation for further exploration.
- Accelerates understanding of blues guitar basics.
- Builds a solid technique base for advanced learning.
- Enhances musicality and rhythm sense.
How to Play the Blues Scale
The blues scale, a critical element of blues guitar, is broken down for easy understanding and application.
- Develops improvisation skills.
- Increases familiarity with the fretboard.
- Essential for creating classic blues licks.
The Major and Minor Pentatonic Scales
We explore these versatile scales, foundational for many blues guitar solos.
- Broadens scale knowledge and versatility.
- Facilitates smooth solo transitions.
- Enhances solo creativity and expression.
Outlining the Chords When Playing Blues Guitar Solos
Learn to connect your solos with underlying chord progressions, making your playing sound more professional.
- Improves soloing coherence and musicality.
- Enhances understanding of chord-scale relationships.
- Aids in creating more melodic solos.
How to Play Double Stops
Double stops add richness and depth to your blues playing.
- Enriches guitar tone and texture.
- Adds a unique character to solos.
- Improves finger strength and dexterity.
Understanding relative scales opens up new avenues for improvisation and creativity.
- Expands improvisational options.
- Enhances understanding of music theory.
- Improves ear training and musicality.
Turnaround Guitar Licks
Master the art of creating compelling turnarounds, an essential part of blues progressions.
- Enhances song structure understanding.
- Vital for completing a blues progression.
- Adds sophistication to your playing.
String bending is a signature technique in blues guitar, adding emotion and expression to your playing.
- Infuses emotion into your solos.
- Improves finger strength and control.
- Essential for authentic blues sound.
Learn to apply vibrato, a technique that brings life and emotion to your notes.
- Adds depth and feeling to notes.
- Improves finger control and strength.
- Essential for expressive blues playing.
Hammer-ons and Pull-offs
These legato techniques are key to fluid and smooth blues playing.
- Creates smoother, more connected phrases.
- Enhances speed and efficiency of playing.
- Adds variety to phrasing and articulation.
Extended Pentatonic Scales
Delve deeper into pentatonic scales for more advanced soloing options.
- Expands soloing vocabulary.
- Enhances improvisational skills.
- Broadens musical creativity and expression.
12 Bar Blues Guitar Progressions
Understand and master the classic 12-bar blues progression, the backbone of many blues songs.
- Fundamental for blues song structure.
- Improves chord transition skills.
- Essential for jamming and collaboration.
Blues Guitar Phrasing
Learn how to phrase your solos effectively, making them more musical and expressive.
- Enhances musical storytelling.
- Improves solo structure and flow.
- Essential for emotive and engaging solos.
Practice with Backing Tracks
Practicing these licks over backing tracks simulates real-life playing conditions, offering a more effective and engaging learning experience.
- Enhances timing and rhythm skills.
- Provides context for licks and solos.
- Improves adaptability and improvisation in a band setting.
"Blues Licks for Absolute Beginners" from Licklibrary.com offers an all-encompassing path into the world of blues guitar. From fundamental techniques to expressive soloing, this course ensures a robust and enjoyable learning experience.
Guitar Techniques Used
Features multi-angle high quality video lessons
All of our courses feature multiple camera angles, and online versions (lifetime streaming access and membership) additionally featured optimised device delivery, variable playback speeds and looping controls to make your learning experience even better!
Get more with a Licklibrary membership
- 1,000s of courses and lessons available to stream
- Exclusive new lessons every month
- Exclusive backing track library
- Access to every lesson and course
Online Stream, Download, DVD
PAL + NTSC
Blues, Traditional Blues
Easy, Suitable For All
NB: If purchasing as 'DVD', please ensure that your DVD player fully supports the 'Media format' (PAL + NTSC) that this product is available in, as indicated above.
About The Tutor
Danny Gill is, without a doubt, the most loved tutor by our community. With an incredible array of DVDs and web lessons for LickLibrary covering a wide variety of topics all of which he covers with incredible detail, it's no wonder he carries as much respect as he does. As...