We at Licklibrary Ltd take the issue of your privacy very seriously.
In order to create an account at www.licklibrary.com we ask for a few pieces of information. Your Name, Email address and account password. Your Email address is used for logging into your Licklibrary Account.
Visitors to our websites
When someone visits www.licklibrary.com we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way that does not identify anyone. We do not make and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be upfront about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it
People who email us
We use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt and protect email traffic in line with the government Guidance. If your email service does not support TLS, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit.
We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you.
Access to personal information
Licklibrary tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing addressing it to our Information Governance department, or writing to the address provided below.
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by, once again, contacting the Information Governance department.
How we use your information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- Research and development: We use anonymised analytics information to drive decisions on how to best serve you, and make our site better, smarter, faster, and more secure. For example, we may use information about popular devices in order to focus our efforts on making the experience better on those devices.
- Communicating with you about the Service: We use your contact information to send communications relating to your use of the Service, which includes payment confirmations, providing support, and sending product updates.
- Marketing and promotion: We may use your contact information to communicate with you about updates to the Services, such as new lessons and courses. You can control whether you receive these communications by changing your Opt-out settings in your account profile.
- Customer support: We use your information to provide you with support and help resolve any issues you encounter.
- To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights: Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests, and the interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
- With your consent: We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories to promote the Services, with your permission.
- Legal bases for processing (for EEA users): If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
⚬ We need it to provide you the Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features, and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
⚬ It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
⚬ You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
⚬ We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.
Sharing information we collect
We may need to share your data with third-party services in order to operate effectively.
- Service providers: We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis, and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from us, including abiding by policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 2 February 2022.
How to contact us
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
LICKLIBRARY, UNIT A CHESHAM CLOSE, ROMFORD, ESSEX, RM7 7PJ, UK